7 Startup Tips To Avoid FailureJune 15, 2016
10 Startup Mistakes:June 26, 2016
- 1) Hold yourself accountable and have integrity with your word. If you say you’re going to do it, then do it. Your word to yourself is the only thing that you have to go on, and if you can’t even do that, then what makes you think that you’ll succeed in your first year of business?
- 2) Start with one social media account and do it well. Once you get the hang of it and people are starting to pay attention and beginning to follow you, you can branch out and begin another account.
- 3) Exercise and try to eat as clean as possible. Not everyone will agree with me on this, but your body is the only place you have to live, and what you put into your body will directly affect your output. Trust me on this one.
- 4) Shake hands with as many people as you can. Take them out to coffee, learn about THEIR story, know that you are paying attention to THEM. And then follow up with them with an email and point out something that came up in your conversation that really resonated with you. It will show that you were listening. Not something a lot of people do very well these days.
- 5) Find one thing that will set your brand apart from the rest and focus on it like a laser beam. For me, when I first started Youzus, we began The Youzus Report (a online digital marketing magazine) that would show we knew our shit. I also wrote a book before that to show people that I knew what I was talking about.