1) Run a weekly meeting called ‘Wine About It’ where you ask for THEIR opinion and enjoy a beverage.
This is the one meeting in which you are not the boss, manager, shift leader etc. You are apart
of the team and there to listen and give your input just like everyone else. Then go back to the
drawing board and see what you can implement to make the work week more enjoyable.
2) Give every other Friday off to those you feel go above and beyond.
3) Give your team members more responsibility. Stop being a micro manager!
4) Allow your employees to take on roles outside of the one delegated to them. Repetition = Boredom.
5) Take a page out of Swedens book and change the work day from 8 hours to 6 hours.